Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog Software

Blog Software

What is a good blog software?

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko, check out posterous.com.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

If you want flexibility and the ability to host your own, wordpress. If you want zero touch. Blogspot.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

i actually use blogger (google product) and host it on my site... its an option and one that offers ease of use and data security. That being said, if you're capable, wordpress may be the best out there.

Thanks, guys. I will check out all of them.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I just started using Wordpress and it is very easy to use and simple to modify the look.

My dad has been using wordpress for years and Adam (watercrawl) just started with wordpress and seems pleased with it's ease of use so far.
    - Sean

+1 on Wordpress, and some hosting services such as bluehost have very easy wordpress set up. The plug-ins give great functionality. I'd also consider paying a small fee for a better theme. For a one-time fee of $30ish you can get some pretty slick themes that are a lot more professional than the freebies. I used Theme Forest, but there are other sites too. They also have live preview so you can see the theme in action.

http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

What's the advantage of the paid themes exactly? Do they do more, provide more layout options, etc.? Or is it just a different look? I'm website stupid, so more options might not be a good thing.