Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking anime? Hmmmm.

Cooking anime? Hmmmm.

Hey guys, I found a highly recommended cooking anime called Shokugeki No Soma (Food Wars). I don't know if anyone is interested in anime but it's interesting and passes the time.

It also teaches a little about cooking in most of the episodes. I thought I'd share the series in case someone wanted to check it out.

It is a little outlandish at times and the reactions to the food can be over-the-top but overall I've enjoyed the series so far.

So if you have the time, watch the first three episodes and share your opinions if you would like.

-Thomas

I have watched this and read the manga, it's excellent overall and has definatly improved my own culinary skills. I think you are watching season 2 as there are currently 27 episodes. Some of the food parings are interesting and I like how they introduced things like poele method and explain some of the history all whilst maintaining a shonen anime feel. Saying that I'm guessing this community is split on anime having 1/2 the community being younger and half being older individuals.

I haven't heard
    of this anime, but its definitely next on my list!

I've enjoyed it so far. I'm on episode 7. It may be hazardous to my bank account to keep watching. All of the different methods, and combinations make me want to go buy a ton of ingredients to try cooking some of the dishes.

hiho!

i like it a lot since it gives some interesting infos about the correlation of the ingredients.
    also since i watched it i use honey to marinate meat more soft! )

i inhaled the manga first and there are as mentionend lots of interesting things you can learn.. well his knifes are noname ) but i guess his dad gave him some katos )

the reactions of the judges are always very fear and loathing acid trip like after they taste food and go nuts ..

well megumi is the best ) !!

It's unrelated and there's not really any instruction in it, but there is a baking Anime too.

Yakitate!! Japan

"There's English bread, German bread and French bread, but Japan's bread, Japan does not exist. In that case, there's no choice but to create it."

When she breaks down the hanging fish, so epic, I've actually copied that curry dish that beat soma, minus the fresh holy basil. My only complaint is no kid is that skilled, they cook at 2-3 michelin star level for God sakes.

It sounds a lot like Cooking Master Boy. I will check it out.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

I watched the first episode.....oddly interesting. Very sexual in nature for tasting food. Funny and weird.

Haven't heard of it before. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/