Quantcast
Shigfusa sickness...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shigfusa sickness...

Shigfusa sickness...

I was thinking that maybe we need to start a sub forum for people that own shigefusa knives?

I don't own one and because I so tired of seeing others spank themselves with them on the forum, I don't want one either.

Wonderful that they are ground well, uber steel yada yada yada. I'm just saying not everyone shares this passion to go home each night and make love to them. Just saying that perhaps you should consolidate your reverence into one forum.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

I have the sickness although I am content with my one gyuto. I will say that I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of Shig's on the B/S/T forum as of late.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Believe me, i'm passionate about my knives too and don't want to be a party pooper, but Jezz-a-fusa?

i just picked one up to see what all the fuss was about.

Nah - I'd suggest turning your suggestion around and creating a sub forum for those who don't like Shigefusa. It'd be easier to manage and make more sense, as it'd be a minority. You could get together and moan about those lucky guys with their nice knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    Nah - I'd suggest turning your suggestion around and creating a sub forum for those who don't like Shigefusa. It'd be easier to manage and make more sense, as it'd be a minority. You could get together and moan about those lucky guys with their nice knives.
    +1

It's cyclical. Shigs are hot at the moment, (a) because they're great knives, (b) because he seems to be making more of them, and (c) because Maxim is a great dealer. But a while ago it was Heijis, then Katos, and a few months from now it might be honyakis. Who knows?

I bought a Shig from Maxim last year. I let it sit in its box for a couple of months without ever using it and then sold it. It was like my personal "Holy Grail" knife acquisition. Thing was, I also purchased a DT san mai gyuto with his so called "Spicy White" steel a short time earlier. I was pretty sure then as I still am today there aren't any knives for me that are any better than one of DT's handcrafted knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Believe me, i'm passionate about my knives too and don't want to be a party pooper, but Jezz-a-fusa?
    Thank goodness we finally cleared this up; it's only Bocho knives we can be passionate about. Whew...
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    I was pretty sure then as I still am today there aren't any knives for me that are any better than one of DT's handcrafted knives.
    +10, I will never part with my dt mystery san mai.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Shig's are not hot at the moment, they have been hot for many years, as long as I've been around here and the other forum. This thread reminds me of similar Kramers threads. They are not magical, but considered some of the best achievable knife you can get. And they are made by a master japanese man (and sons), known for their focus on perfection, by hand. I'm not speaking of the Kramers, of course.
    Jason

+ Reply to Thread