Tojiro F-921 or F-621 cleaver question

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
Has anyone handled the Tojiro F-921 or the equivalent stainless handled Tojiro Pro F-621 cleaver? It's the standard Tojiro DP steel (stainless clad VG10) and appears to be a standard #6 size cleaver, but I'd like to know whether the blade tapers to the tip.

Thanks!

I have the [stainless handle] 631, and I believe it is a "pre-VG" DP model. Unfortunately, I'm at the beach house, and the knife isn't! That said, I'd refer you back to Andy777's original review of the knife ( http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/786982/ ):

Quite frankly I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. This knife is by far the most highly finished Japanese knife I have ever purchased. It was absolutely perfect in every aspect. Rounded spine and choil, excellent blade finish, razor sharp factory edge, you name it. I know metal handles are not most people's cup of tea but I quite like it. Since I actually hold the cleaver by the blade and use the handle for support and control with my little fingers, I think any possible slipperyness that may every arise is a non-issue. I really can't think of anything I don't like about this knife. It is one of those knives that when you use it you think, "If I could only have one knife, I really wouldn't mind if it were this one." Thank goodness we all know that will never happen

basically an unexpectedly damm fine knife, oh, then throw in the relatively budget price and 'nuff said. I'm not sure if you're asking about taper from choil to tip OR spine to edge - kind of doesn't matter. This is a thin blade, especially for a chuka. The blade starts thin enough at the bolster/choil that there really isn't much room for taper. Hope that helps.

Back