Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody interested in uninteresting wood?

Anybody interested in uninteresting wood?

I have a whole large bin full of wood pieces that I sorted out, either because they are too small, have small defects (like voids etc) or I just found them too plain compared to others I had. They are all approx. 1" square or more and at least 5" long. Oh, and almost all of them are unstabilized but have been in my shop for at least 3 years. I was hoping to get a little bit for the pieces but it's not worth listing them individually, so I thought a medium flat rate box filled with random (or very roughly selected) pieces for $40 shipped in the US - which is a fraction of what I paid for them... They would probably be interesting for pen makers, but I wanted to check here first if anybody is interested. If so, let me know. i will also try and take a snapshot today. Oh, there should be enough for 3-4 boxes if not more.

Stefan

The 1" square is a deal breaker for me. You're right though - good for pens.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

tentatively interested, would love to see a pic

I want some!
    We can just make my box a little bigger.

very interested, could use for pen turning. any chance to get them shipped to AU? Few pics would be lovely

Thanks guys, I am slaving over a total of about 45 handles that I want/need to get finished this weekend, so I just pushed this here to the side for now. But I will try to take pictures this weekend. I would have no problem shipping to Australia or Europe, just keep in mind that the postage is expensive. A medium flat rate box is over $50 these days. If that still adds up for you guys, I have no problems with that. Oh, and I have a few packages of clean pen blanks also that I could throw in - thought I would make smaller handles from them but never did. Give me a few days to get the handle pile on the finishing board, then I put some time into this.

Thanks,

Stefan

being in down under is such a ridiculous thing when it comes to shipping cost! both buying and selling

Just cleaning up a bit and here are two medium flat rate boxes with random wood blanks. They are mostly too small for wa handles, some are 3", most are more around 5" or more, some are just extras where I have better ones. Random selection of woods, all kinds of shapes, they are NOT stabilized. I am not a pen maker but would expect that a large part of each box will be suitable for pens but I can not give any guarantees on the percentage. If you are interested, please send a PM for box 1 (left) or box 2. Asking $30 shipped and paypalled per box in the US.

Thanks,

Stefan

Attachment 23031

Stefan, your pic isn't showing up

Picture fixed