Stefan's Anybody interested in uninteresting wood?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a whole large bin full of wood pieces that I sorted out, either because they are too small, have small defects (like voids etc) or I just found them too plain compared to others I had. They are all approx. 1" square or more and at least 5" long. Oh, and almost all of them are unstabilized but have been in my shop for at least 3 years. I was hoping to get a little bit for the pieces but it's not worth listing them individually, so I thought a medium flat rate box filled with random (or very roughly selected) pieces for $40 shipped in the US - which is a fraction of what I paid for them... They would probably be interesting for pen makers, but I wanted to check here first if anybody is interested. If so, let me know. i will also try and take a snapshot today. Oh, there should be enough for 3-4 boxes if not more.

Stefan

The 1" square is a deal breaker for me. You're right though - good for pens.

tentatively interested, would love to see a pic

very interested, could use for pen turning. any chance to get them shipped to AU? Few pics would be lovely :D

Thanks guys, I am slaving over a total of about 45 handles that I want/need to get finished this weekend, so I just pushed this here to the side for now. But I will try to take pictures this weekend. I would have no problem shipping to Australia or Europe, just keep in mind that the postage is expensive. A medium flat rate box is over $50 these days. If that still adds up for you guys, I have no problems with that. Oh, and I have a few packages of clean pen blanks also that I could throw in - thought I would make smaller handles from them but never did. Give me a few days to get the handle pile on the finishing board, then I put some time into this.

Thanks,

Stefan

being in down under is such a ridiculous thing when it comes to shipping cost! both buying and selling :(

Just cleaning up a bit and here are two medium flat rate boxes with random wood blanks. They are mostly too small for wa handles, some are 3", most are more around 5" or more, some are just extras where I have better ones. Random selection of woods, all kinds of shapes, they are NOT stabilized. I am not a pen maker but would expect that a large part of each box will be suitable for pens but I can not give any guarantees on the percentage. If you are interested, please send a PM for box 1 (left) or box 2. Asking $30 shipped and paypalled per box in the US.

Thanks,

Stefan

View attachment 23031

attachment.php

Thanks! Posting from the phone is a pain...

Stefan

Works here - maybe you need to reload the page?

Stefan

Hmm, I just get the invalid attachment error, in both Chrome and Safari... Weird. Hopefully it works for others!

- Steve

Can you see it now? In any case, I know my marketing sucks, the wood is not THAT ugly ;) Haven't counted them, but my estimate would be close to 40 pieces in each box. At $30 per box, that's about 2 quarters a piece plus shipping :)

Stefan

That's fine sold and do u know the best way to make knife handles

How many handle do u think I can get out of all the wood

Just to clarify: These wood pieces here are mostly NOT suitable for knife handles. but they should be fine for people who make pens or any other small projects. And yes, I can make knife handles, but with limitations, given my current work load. At this point, it is a bit unclear if Chef101 is interested in the wood or not, I am waiting to hear back from him.

Stefan

Back