Quantcast
Discontinue Offering Shigefusa adn Marukoyoshi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discontinue Offering Shigefusa adn Marukoyoshi

Sounds really good, Marko.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    ... and Yoshikane geometry I have always felt uneasy about.

M
    Just wondering, but what was it about the Yoshikane geometry that you didn't like? I liked the shape of that suji a lot, but of course I have never handled one, and I can just go by photos.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Waiting for the pics to come on

Quote Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
    Waiting for the pics to come on
    Just finished a heat treating test. Fascinating stuff. Particularly after testing hardness on a Rockwell hardness tester. Reminds me of black and white photography back in the day - you never quite know how your negatives come out until you develop it.

M

Mr.Drinky, I will send you a pm.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'll be interested to see the end products. Especially if you have a stainless/semi-stainless/clad, suji haha.

Marko, I'm also interested in hearing your thoughts on the geometry of the Yoshikane knives. I've heard good things about them, so I wanted to know what you found to be the problem. Send me a PM if you get a chance.

And good luck with making your own knives! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Put me on you list for a Shigifusa clone in 52100. I've been tempted to get a Shigi for the geometry, but I'm not willing to put up with the reactivity. 52100 should be a winner.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
    I'll be interested to see the end products. Especially if you have a stainless/semi-stainless/clad, suji haha.
    I will make variety of types in several steels, so there will be plenty to pick from, including damascus.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Cool. I'll start saving up haha

Hey Marko, this is exciting news and I can be happy about it because I already got a rehandled shige from you! I think you've got the right perfectionist mindset to start making sone great knives - especially if you've figured out the magic shige grind. Sign me up!
    Seriously, when you're ready to plan production and start your pre-order list, put my name on it!

+ Reply to Thread