vests, shoes, hats: what do you use in your kitchen?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3200+++

Reaction score
myself:

i like and own clement "jerez" shoes , very nice grip and composite hardening makes for the lightest and safest shoes i have ever used. i highly recommand them.
as a vest, i have a few Bragard but as they are way too expensive (the good ones) i've switched to clement vests too. ive 2 chelsea. high tech, very breathable and design, with a solid finish. oh, and for half bragard vest's price.

what about you?

I'm a home cook but proper kitchen shoes are a must. I used to be into Dansko but burn a new pair up in about two years. After five or six pair I decided to look for alternatives. I switched to troentorp Bastad clogs. They've been making them for over 100 years and have not been outsourced to china. They're the real deal, total wooden shoe bed and I got mine with a non-slip sole. You can get them in the US for around $140 sometime cheaper. They blow away Dansko/Sanita clogs all day long. Everything about the Troentorp are better. Higher quality leather, nailed not stapled to the sole. I've been wearing mine every day for the past three years and they look as new at the day I bought them. Totally recommend them. Stupid all-day standing comfort. They offer a closed back too.

I can't find it (didn't look for it) but I remember a couple performance gear threads with some great info in it. One for gear and shoes specifically. If you can find it there's some good stuff in there.

thanks, i will have a look at that.

by the way, clement is releasing a new line of shoes with a fresh patent on revolutionnary grips, they are supposed to let you climb an oiled luge upward
didn't test (high priced) but i like quite much the professionalism of the company, so i believe they don't lie...

if interested look here (i'm only a customer of the company, and i gain nothing with this link)
http://corporate.clementdesign.com/

sick hat! no sweating at all? i might get some actually.

outch price doubles with shipping to france :s and no near seller :/

I wear short-sleeved Le Chef jackets or when the weather's warm just a plain white T-shirt. I wear the long butcher stripe aprons and a length of tubi-grip on my arm to act as a sweatband. I like Bistro Crocs for shoes. it's a little weird that I'm 6'2 and weigh 200lbs yet wear a small jacket and medium trousers

Back