Thread: Scrap wood

Scrap wood

Not quite up to randy or Dave's boards, but still pretty happy with what was a piece of scrap mahogany sitting unused in my garage. Finished with beeswax/lemon oil mixture I made for turned bowls. 18x11x1/2inches. A bit rustic on the sides, will put on rubber feet to elevate off surface. Basically two hrs of fun!

geName:  image.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  15.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  10.8 KB

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Looks great to me. Nice job Eric. I wish I had some big pieces of wood like this just lying around!
    It looks like it's pretty lightweight too, and might be good for travelling.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Nicely done Eric.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Man I have so much wood I've collected over the years....most is stacked and garage is so cluttered I cannot even get to it anymore! I know I have some macadamia boards, koa, curly cherry, teak, and oak. Not to mention the logs i keep collecting for bowls- what a mess! Anyway, thx for the kind words.
    This was left over from a table top I made when my daughter was 4 or 5- she's 12 now. I think it's bees wing mahogany cause of the the grain. Literally hidden behind my workbench with lots of dust, etc.

That's a great scrap wood board!