Japanese Knives Japan Trip 2013

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Out of Town Notice

July 1st - July 21st

(Updated June 14th, 2013)

Once again, it's time for our anual Japan trip. This year we're changing a few things. Normally, Sara and I both head to Japan for about a month in the fall. During this time, I train under a few different master craftsmen. This year, however, Sara will be staying here to run the store and process shipments, while I head to Japan for about 3 weeks. My Japan training trip will take place from July 1st to July 21st. Our store will resume normal hours again on July 22nd. During my time in Japan, I will be learning under amazing master craftsmen like Hinoura-san and the Gesshin Hide craftsmen.

Unlike previous years, this year, all shipping will continue as normal (handled by Sara). Also, sara will be opening the store during this time... see the schedule below for our store hours during this time:

July 3rd (Wed)- Noon-5pm
July 5th (Fri)- Noon-5pm
July 8th (Mon)- Noon-5pm
July 10th (Wed)- Noon-5pm
July 12th (Fri)- Noon-5pm
July 14th (Sun)- Noon-5pm

Also, all sharpening services will be on hold from June 25th until July 21st.

If you need to contact us while we are out of town, we will be checking our e-mail regularly. For Jon, please send e-mails to [email protected] and for Sara, please send e-mails to [email protected].

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

-Jon

have fun and take lots of pictures. i'd like to live vicariously through people who can travel and do unique stuff.

@stereo.pete our Japan trips are generally much more about my training than bringing back new things... this year, more so than ever before... but i'll do my best ;)

Have a great time Jon and bring us back some amazing stories about knife craftmanship!

Maybe you can get hinoura-San to make that single bevel gyuto! And maybe a gesshin sakimaru! And maybe some super inexpensive moribashi! Oh who am I kidding? I want it all!!!!

Lol!! I wouldn't want that. I'm jealous of your trip, have a great time Jon! Safe travels

BUMP
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/out-of-town

Out of Town Notice
July 1st - July 21st
(Updated June 14th, 2013)

Once again, it's time for our anual Japan trip. This year we're changing a few things. Normally, Sara and I both head to Japan for about a month in the fall. During this time, I train under a few different master craftsmen. This year, however, Sara will be staying here to run the store and process shipments, while I head to Japan for about 3 weeks. My Japan training trip will take place from July 1st to July 21st. Our store will resume normal hours again on July 22nd. During my time in Japan, I will be learning under amazing master craftsmen like Hinoura-san and the Gesshin Hide craftsmen.

Unlike previous years, this year, all shipping will continue as normal (handled by Sara). Also, sara will be opening the store during this time... see the schedule below for our store hours during this time:

July 3rd (Wed)- Noon-5pm
July 5th (Fri)- Noon-5pm
July 8th (Mon)- Noon-5pm
July 10th (Wed)- Noon-5pm
July 12th (Fri)- Noon-5pm
July 14th (Sun)- Noon-5pm

Also, all sharpening services will be on hold from June 25th until July 21st.

If you need to contact us while we are out of town, we will be checking our e-mail regularly. For Jon, please send e-mails to [email protected] and for Sara, please send e-mails to [email protected].

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

-Jon

Latest posts

Back