Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Carter KU any shape

WTB Carter KU any shape

The title says it all. I want to try a carter out. I know the KU knives are his most inexpensive so that's what I'm looking for. Please let me know if you have any carter you are willing to part with.

If someone would let me borrow or trade a knife by carter I would also be very interested in that. Please let me know!

Thanks all
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Sorry I don't have one for sale, but you may not want to limit to kurouchi as his Stainless Fukugozai knives are also very affordable and great cutters.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Brad,
    If you are interested in a kU Carter, you should consider the Fujiwara Terayasu Nashiji line, I have the Gyuto going out for the passaround which you signed up for, PM me your address and I'll ship it to you first. I find there performance is very similar.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I have one KU kiritsuke Siji and it's a brilliant knife. I just ordered this 6.5 sun KU Freestyle because it fills a space I'm lacking and secretly I didn't want to spend $600 for Vlad's gorgeous Shigefusa)

New Cater en route -

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    Brad,
    you should consider the Fujiwara Terayasu Nashiji line, I have the Gyuto going out for the passaround which you signed up for, I find there performance is very similar.
    whoa! good to know

having used and sharpened both many times over, i cant say i agree... carters tend to be thinner at the spine and behind the edge than the fujiwara teruyasu nashiji across the board... its noticeable in cutting.

How much did that carter cost you mike9?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

It was $299 - and the longest blade with a non custom handle he had.

Brad - subscribe to his news letter on line - you might get a one time 25% off coupon - I did.

thanks for the tip mike