Very Excited! New Blade to test out!! Bloodroot Blades- luke Snyder

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys so wanted to let you all know i will be receiving this beauty later this week and i am really excited to try it out. Lefty wrote a review on this guy a while back and i knew i had to try out his work. They are special makers in that they use all recycled materials, both makers there are extremely skilled. Luke his whom i talked with however, he was great to deal with, was willing to use any materials i wanted, however i let him choose. He explained his process and how long it would take. We exchanged emails a few times and he was always on top of it. He wrote me and email with the knife completed actually a few days earlier, most of us know with custom makers it can take a great deal longer so this was quite a surprise for me. He does have a 4 month wait time however he is right on schedule which in my book is a top quality.

Will definitely let you know how this knife performs.

Bloodroot blades is definitely one to check out!

Funyaki type profile-
48mm deep at heel, 205 (8") mm tip to heel. Balance a few mm forward of the maker's mark. Convexed on the right and full flat on the left, sharpened 80/20, heavy and stiff spine but thin behind the edge. HRC 63, sawblade steel. The pieces of wood are absolutely fantastic. Both pieces are our spalted maple burl, but the front piece is dyed black

Jgraeff,

Congrats, please post pictures when you receive it and please make sure they are larger :viking: . His waiting list is now 8 months and I am definitely on it! Can't wait to hear more about your new knife.

Looks pretty good and it sounds like either he has some nice knives and does some cooking or someone has taken quite a bit of time to educate him with regard to kitchen knife design issues. :doublethumbsup:

I guess Luke has gotten more orders since I placed mine. However still for custom work that Is pretty normal to have a long wait list, however at least Luke delivered right on time.

I like their style but performance is what I'm interested in since I use them for work.

Latest posts

Back