• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Carter KU any shape

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Gibson

Banned
Reaction score
The title says it all. I want to try a carter out. I know the KU knives are his most inexpensive so that's what I'm looking for. Please let me know if you have any carter you are willing to part with.

If someone would let me borrow or trade a knife by carter I would also be very interested in that. Please let me know!

Thanks all

Sorry I don't have one for sale, but you may not want to limit to kurouchi as his Stainless Fukugozai knives are also very affordable and great cutters.

Brad,
If you are interested in a kU Carter, you should consider the Fujiwara Terayasu Nashiji line, I have the Gyuto going out for the passaround which you signed up for, PM me your address and I'll ship it to you first. I find there performance is very similar.

I have one KU kiritsuke Siji and it's a brilliant knife. I just ordered this 6.5 sun KU Freestyle because it fills a space I'm lacking and secretly I didn't want to spend $600 for Vlad's gorgeous Shigefusa)

New Cater en route -

carter9_zps572a4552.jpg

having used and sharpened both many times over, i cant say i agree... carters tend to be thinner at the spine and behind the edge than the fujiwara teruyasu nashiji across the board... its noticeable in cutting.

It was $299 - and the longest blade with a non custom handle he had.

Brad - subscribe to his news letter on line - you might get a one time 25% off coupon - I did.

just got this in the email:

SPECIAL OFFER

For the next FIVE DAYS ONLY get 25% off any High Grade kitchen knife, including those with custom handles. Offer valid for current inventory and cannot be combined with additional offers or discounts. Call (503) 466-1331 or visit CarterCutlery.com to place an order. Offer limited to the first ten customers.

Brad, I have a 170mm ku from Carter you are welcome to borrow. It is one Murray personally picked out for Devin.

Just post in this thread if you want to use it for a bit and I will get in touch with you. (I cant pm)

I'd love to try it out Kaleab, is it a custom? Should I just post my address here? Or pm you it?

Btw I really like the handle you did on the suji I have, the kanemasa. The copper inlay is awesome!

I got a pm from someone named bob, he gave me an email address for you. Is that right?

Brad, got it, I will get it out soon. The Carter is not customized and is quintessential carter. Handle and all.

I'm having trouble taking my hands off of one that is very similar...just a 240. Matt's awesome, and as a result, I heart him.

Back