Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Be careful of ordering unique items from Epicurean Edge, buggy web site

So it wasn't a bug, turns out it was a user error. lol
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

It kills me, when people complain about a situation, and then fail to acknowledge their own role, in it.

Kudos to Daniel O'Malley, for stepping up and taking care of the customer, even when the customer isn't right.

Jay

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    This sort of thing happens in real life as well. Last year at the blade show Koji Hara had a fantastic black lip mother of pearl folder on his table. Koji San and I are friends and I have been wanting one of his folders for a few years and had been to his table several times trying to make up my mind to buy. Finally I decided to pull the trigger and head over to pick up the knife. As I walked up to his table there was a young couple looking at his knives, just as I got to the table the couple handed Koji San my knife to purchase it. I swore under my breath but they heard me and ask what was the matter. After I explained they graciously offered to let me purchase this knife because there was another that they liked as well. I said they must have liked this one a bit better because it was the one they decided to buy and refused their kind offer.

On several other occasions I have had people come to my table and look at knives. After browsing for a while they decide that a certain knife is what they want but decide to "think about it" and walk away claiming they will be back. In most cases someone else will walk up and buy that same knife Within a few minutes of the first person leaving. When the first person returns they are usually very upset that I sold that knife when I knew they wanted it. I don't know what to do in these situations and have probably lost customers because of it. I don't want to come off as a used car salesman and tell them that it will probably sell to the next person that comes to my table. I know other makers who take a no refundable deposit to hold a knife for someone and that don't see right either but it does suck to hold a knife for a buyer and then have them not show up to buy the held knife when you could have sold it to another person.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Gic if you can work it out with Daniel ill be happy to make a similar piece in one of his upcoming orders. But it will still be awhile as I have let some of my other orders slip in getting ready for blade show.

Happy days

First rate. classy and very cool! On both Bill and EE.

Well played!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

follow up: here are some pictures of of the knife for GIC.

Attachment 19425

Attachment 19426

Attachment 19427

Attachment 19428

And way cool it is, I am so pleased and Dan was a mensch as was Bill!

Picture links aren't working for me.

I would like to see the pics as well! Sounds like an awesome knife!
    Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

sorry i thought that the links were working. Here are the photos.

all photos from blade gallery.

Beautiful work Bill! Thanks for sharing with us.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”