Been lurkin for a while

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcol2000

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm Scott and I've been reading for a few months now and decided to say hey. Been in the military for about 15 years and recently got stationed in Okinawa. Been interested in the finer things in life and just purchased a big maple board from the board smith. (Can't wait for that) I want to learn. Reading here makes me want to go to culinary school.

Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place for learning. The guys on this forum are not only knowledgable, they are also very generous with their knowledge. Makes for a great combination. Have fun.

If i wanted to crosstrain to be a cook, i'd have to go to services. I'd get thrown into a rotation working at the chow hall, the morgue, handing out basketballs at the gym, that type of deal. i'd like some formal training but dont want to work in food service. (i dont want to turn my love of food into a job)

Ecchef, just got here about a month ago. Ready for my first typhoon

On Kadena. You know any colleges on the island where I could get some culinary training?

Back