Quantcast
Aprons..what features do you like?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aprons..what features do you like?

My girlfriend is making an apron for me. I'm kind of picky about my aprons...looking for ideas on what other people like.

So far I have chosen a denim fabric, copper grommets so the stings/neck strap can be replaced. I never use the big pocket around waist level, but it seems odd leaving it out. I"m undecided if I want that or not. I like pen sized pockets, multiple ones, for pens/sharpies/tweezers. But I hate having things fall out when bending over...and wondering how to make the pocket to minimize the chance of this happening. Maybe just tighter pockets at chest level? Or I was thinking unconventionally pen pockets at the side waist might be better, kind of where a holster would go.

Other features I want..I always wear both sides of the apron, so pockets on both sides is a plus.

Also, often I just fold my apron over and wear it waist down. SO will definitely add a lower pen pocket so it can still be used when folded down....

What would you do if you could design your own apron?

Definitey have the waist tie cord long enough so you can bring it around to the front to tie. I hate having to tie those behind my back.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

A loop for hanging cloths on is pretty useful

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    Definitey have the waist tie cord long enough so you can bring it around to the front to tie. I hate having to tie those behind my back.
    Oh I wouldn't even dream about getting one that ties in the back!

The loop for hanging clothes sounds interesting, I'll think about that. Currently I just tuck it into the waist string that I wrap around the front.

One thing I have been interested in is a cross-back strap to reduce strain on the neck. I know its fairly light, but I just hate having things around my neck. ITs the main reason I always wear my apron folded in half. I've never tried it though and it looks kind of whack....not sure if its comfortable?

What about having an adjuster on the neck part a little like some baseball caps?

Are you making them to sell also
    Respect all Fear none

Quote Originally Posted by azchef View Post
    Are you making them to sell also
    I told her she should!

"The Stronghold " brand apron is what i currently have in rotation, I really dig it. But yea, a long waist tie, and it has to be long for me, about half way between ankle and knee. Meyer textile on Etsy has some nice ones for a reference.

Personally hate pockets on aprons, but that's me.

NOT 100% cotton. The all cotton ones I have wrinkle so much they really need to be ironed. The poly blends I have are much nicer. I also prefer the ones I have with non-adjustable neck straps to the ones that adjust.

-AJ

1) Clean
    2) Free

I prefer bib aprons, but as long as it meets criteria 1 & 2, I won't complain.