what sites do you like to select your knives from?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpeddie2010

Reaction score
i was wondering what sites everyone else uses to make puchases?
just wondering if this is a legit question to ask here?

If you want to make a good purchase and also support the forum , check the vendors list . That will be my recommendation without violating any rules

I dont claim this is a definitive list, but some of the most common ones are, in no particular order:

Bluewayjapan
Aframes Tokyo
Chef knives to go
Japan-blades
Japaneseknifeimports
Japanesechefsknife
Bernal cutlery
Epicedge

I have not ordered from them all, but these sites are generally considered trustworthy places to buy quality knives and accessories. I have had great service from JKI & JCK on several occasions and Epicedge has been very helpful answering questions via email on a couple occasions. Some sights have more high end and unique products, while others deal more with more mainstream products at lower prices. It really depends on what you're looking for.

Here are the ones I can recommend this far:

Japanese Natural Stones
Japan-tool
Epicurean edge
Chef knives to go
Blueway Japan.

I've tried others as well, and this far, only one of them will not see anymore business from me.
Vendor bashing has no place on a forum like this imho, se he shall remain nameless:)

I've bought knives from these sites in the past few years:

Japanese Knife Imports
Japanese Knife Sharpening
Marko Tsourkan
Japanese Natural Stones
Japanese Chefs Knife

Although I haven't bought a knife from Korin, I've bought accessories from them on a couple of occasions, and recommend them for accessories.

Japanesechefknives.com (horrible website , ok selection , good customer service , cheap shipping if you live outside of US )
Japaneseknifeimports (great customer service , good selection )
************** (good selection , some items out of stock for long periods of time )
bluewayjapan (good customer service , small selection )

BluewayJapan

Japanese Natural Stones

Japaneseknifeimports

Japanesechefsknife

JKI
JNS
JCK
Korin
and actually had pretty good luck w/ Rakuten

Used JCK, Korin, JWW, Ichimonji, and the site that must not be named. Consistently good experiences with the first four.

Among my favorites are knives "Lightly used in a home environment". Have had excellent buying experiences with JKI, JNS and Korin. Batting 50% with that chef knife place, number is not likely to change.

Regards,

Dave

For stones and other tools, toolsfromjapan.com is often the cheapest (atoma, sigma etc.)

JCK
Korin
CK2G
Blueway

I wish I could say the BST here but I always seem to miss the deals.

I haven't purchased from any of the sites mentioned, but am about to buy my first "real" knife. After some emails with CKTG and JKI, the customer service with JKI already blows away CKTG. JKI will be getting my money.

I haven't purchased from any of the sites mentioned, but am about to buy my first "real" knife. After some emails with CKTG and JKI, the customer service with JKI already blows away CKTG. JKI will be getting my money.

You can't go wrong with Jon (that almost rhymes):rofl2:

Back