Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: new triple A french steel, hrc 59-60

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    1,138
    Welcome to KKF! Nice to see more and more makers joining this forum.

    While it's awesome to see a list of celebrity chefs using your knives, it would be WAY more persuasive if you just make a passaround and let old KKF users test your knives and gave reviews

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    it would be WAY more persuasive if you just make a passaround and let old KKF users test your knives and gave reviews
    There is a great idea if I have ever heard one!!
    Fudoushin Bujinkan Dojo: http://fudoushin.com/

  3. #33
    Senior Member ChuckTheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arlington Virginia
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    They looked great until I saw the price. I would never pay more than $100 for a knife with a bolster.
    There are a lot of awesome knives with bolsters.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

  4. #34
    Senior Member Ruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    832
    Was the post of alleged knife maker deleted?

  5. #35
    Senior Member EdipisReks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    There are a lot of awesome knives with bolsters.
    Bolsters do a great job of removing awesome, in my opinion.

  6. #36
    Original Knerd of Knives
    knyfeknerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chucktown, SC
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
    Was the post of alleged knife maker deleted?
    Yes, against the rules.
    "When you're driving behind a Prius, there's 100% chance that nothing exciting will happen" -Karring M.

  7. #37
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,505
    Too bad, because it was a great post....

  8. #38
    Von blewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Merimbula, Australia
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    Bolsters do a great job of removing awesome, in my opinion.
    Are you referring to the "finger guard" or all bolsters? Cause I'm with Chuck on this....
    Huw

    Make simplicity seem like abundance - Tetsuya Wakuda

  9. #39
    Senior Member EdipisReks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    Are you referring to the "finger guard" or all bolsters? Cause I'm with Chuck on this....
    The fingerguard things. I don't really consider a metal ferrule at the end of the scales to be a bolster, as it doesn't really bolster anything. Anything that interferes with sharpening or getting the whole damn edge on the board is a problem, in my opinion.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    The fingerguard things. I don't really consider a metal ferrule at the end of the scales to be a bolster, as it doesn't really bolster anything. Anything that interferes with sharpening or getting the whole damn edge on the board is a problem, in my opinion.
    Fudoushin Bujinkan Dojo: http://fudoushin.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •