Quantcast
new triple A french steel, hrc 59-60 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: new triple A french steel, hrc 59-60

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    The fingerguard things. I don't really consider a metal ferrule at the end of the scales to be a bolster, as it doesn't really bolster anything. Anything that interferes with sharpening or getting the whole damn edge on the board is a problem, in my opinion.
    Yeah I agree totally about the finger guard, but when I'm talking bolsters I mean like integrals on Bill Burke, Rader, and Shigefusa Yo's.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Yeah. Finger guards suck. I guess that what they're called when the bolster go's to the heel like some wustofs. Only good for opening cans. But +1 on burke's, Raders's, ect. There are plenty of bolster that I don't think effect sharpening. Although I do prefer wa handles.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    Yeah I agree totally about the finger guard, but when I'm talking bolsters I mean like integrals on Bill Burke, Rader, and Shigefusa Yo's.
    I don't really consider those bolsters, and they certainly aren't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I don't really consider those bolsters, and they certainly aren't a problem.
    Well technically they are bolsters.

And regarding bolsters/"finger guard" that run the height of the knife, if you learn how to deal with them in sharpening they're not as big a pain as you lead on.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    Well technically they are bolsters.

And regarding bolsters/"finger guard" that run the height of the knife, if you learn how to deal with them in sharpening they're not as big a pain as you lead on.
    I know exactly how to deal with them, and they are still a pain.

I have to agree. I don't like them. I couldn't imagine buying a knife with a finger guard. I don't really see the purpose.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread