• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 240 Kitaeji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsfarrell

Banned
Reaction score
For reasons I'd rather not go into, I'll be selling off much of my collection over the next year or so. We'll start off with a beauty: a Shigefusa 240 kitaeji gyuto. Finish is micromesh followed by uchigumori fingerstones; handle is by Mike Henry (sorry, I've forgotten the wood). This is the best kitaeji finish I've ever seen on a Shigefusa. Minimal use at home, cuts like a light saber. Price is $850 shipped and PayPal'd. Thanks for looking.

shigefusa_2a.jpg

shigefusa_2b.jpg

shigefusa_2c.jpg

I'd be all over that if it weren't for my freakin leftism...
Good luck with the sale.

I will try and take a few pictures once I receive the knife. Will be pretty busy the next few days but I will try to find time.

Received the knife today (Fastest shipping I have ever seen), it truly does have one of the greatest kitaeji finishes I have seen. The handle is also perfect for my tastes.

This is the first Shigefusa with the kitaeji finishes I have seen on KKF, can't wait to see more close ups of the blade over the next few days, hint, hint!

This is the first Shigefusa with the kitaeji finishes I have seen on KKF, can't wait to see more close ups of the blade over the next few days, hint, hint!

Here's one more kitaeji.

9114511571_5cb92b15e0_b.jpg

All suminagashi patterns are subtle unless they are etched. Stainless ones are near invisible. Iron suminagashi patterns become more noticeable with oxidation.

Back