Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Rosle Lefty peeler

I have the swivel and the crosswise? I think. The swivel is nice I like it and peel away from my fingers ! I have a maybe crosswise style one. (the one you can take the blade off and sharpen shaped kinda like a T) but it sucked. Swivel is universal and the other doesn't matter. Honestly I liked my Henkels one but the handle was so heavy compared to the blade, one drop and it broke off. I'd say the best are the 'crosswise' ones you find cheap (maybe a buck) in the US and come in red white or blue don't last but are cheap enough to have a few on hand.

i told my coworkers of that "peeling away method" and they all were like what the..?! id really like to see that in action.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    i told my coworkers of that "peeling away method" and they all were like what the..?! id really like to see that in action.
    like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob4xwTluRKw
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

i have never seen anybody doing that before and cant imagine why it could be faster then the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    i have never seen anybody doing that before and cant imagine why it could be faster then the other way round.
    Seriously?
    It's a million times faster. Peel a 50lb bag of Russet Potatoes toward yourself and tell me how long it takes you.
    I can peel a large carrot in 3 seconds. Can you do that slowly inwards?
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

ive never stopped time on peeling carrots, but i cant imagine that anybody could be very much faster. also, i dont see a major difference in the 2 methods, besides that it doesnt work for asparagus, as its gonna brake. 3 seconds sounds pretty fast to me tho. if you switch the carrot, like the guy in the video, that means that you do that after 1.5 seconds.

also, whats a large carrot? ive seen carrots that were bigger then my forearm.

Me vs. small carrot. I don't have any large ones in the fridge.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEATN...ature=youtu.be
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

So maybe it's not 3 secs, but beat my time peeling inwards.
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I've always peeled away from me. I don't do it knyfenerd's way though, I do the whole carrot with each stroke. Surely it is quicker because the skin doesnt get in your way?