Quantcast
Stupid Rosle Lefty peeler - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Rosle Lefty peeler

I've always peeled away from me. I don't do it knyfenerd's way though, I do the whole carrot with each stroke. Surely it is quicker because the skin doesnt get in your way?
    +1
    Also when I am peeling potatoes I found that I am using my left wrists snap motion as much as use the peeler in my right hand. I have't measured how fast I would peel a case but when we had our daily "potato peel off " with my sautee guy for about a year (he was using the technique demonstreted in the video ) my technique proved faster and more effortless. For the record that guy was fast!!

your fast. but i dont think that its because of the teqnique, but rather your practice. im not much slower, i guess. do you guys usually cut the ends or do you peel em?

No , all I did was when I was peeeling the potato I pressed the peeler on top of the potato ( I am talking about a case of almost identical looking russets or idahos) while moving the peeler downwards at the same time I would rotate my wrist 90 degrees anti clockwise . By doing that with one stroke from top to the bottom the area that peeler covered would be peeled.And using my left fingers and palm I would rotate the potato clockwise. FWIW I have been using OXO"s wide grip Y shaped peeler (best in the market IMO)

HA funny stuff. I peel a carrot one stroke the whole length unless they're small. (hmmm is it a size thing?) Looks slower but double work for one stroke. And I like to lay asparagus flat on the board when they're skinny to avoid breaking.

that's too erratic fro me, i go along the whole length of the carrot inward, about 9 strokes. efficient, and less chance of taking a chunk out of a knuckle. sometimes i'm too lazy to take out the peeler and just do it with a knife, i've even used a spoon before, hahaha.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    C'mon guys. Someone tell me they can do it FASTER towards themselves, I mean prove it. -with a video

If you've got a 50lb bag of carrots or potatoes you absolutely have to peel in 15 minutes, would you slowly peel inward, dodging peels and scraping knuckles?

Sorry for the thread jacking No Chop, but I really take offense to someone telling me they don't understand how or why I could/would peel this way.

To each his own, you guys can be slow if you want to!
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.

in my head I couldn't see going away from myself. But when I was a kid I always went away, straight into the trash. I can't see doing so with a y peeler tho.
    Chewie's the man.

well, i just peeled a carrot. actually i dont think that your faster at all, but i guess my peeler takes off more.

I go away from me, but I ain't fast either way.

Chris, that video made me laugh. At the end, I like the slam and implied, "Take that"!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    well, i just peeled a carrot. actually i dont think that your faster at all, but i guess my peeler takes off more.
    prove it homey
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

+ Reply to Thread