Quantcast
Stupid Rosle Lefty peeler - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stupid Rosle Lefty peeler

If anyone needs a reason not to peel towards themselves is because you never cut with a knife toward yourself. And you can all peel a carrot with a petty right? Naturally that would extend to a peeler.

-AJ

I cut in hand towards myself pretty regular.. Did try going away from myself today after seeing the videos. No doubt it will be faster for carrots, I'm not convinced for potatoes though.. Need another vid to see that vs the way I currently do it..

I have always peeled away especially after cutting myself a couple of times peeling towards myself. The Rosle makes it really easy, I compared it to my old one and its no contest.

Chris it cracks me up that you're so passionate about this, I like to go slow whilst peeling and really never gave it any thought before this thread even though I've seen many different ways that people prefer to use. Lol!!

I peel potatoes towards me with a paring knife but that's totally different. My first job in the kitchen was peeling potatoes and nothing else so and I'm pretty quick at it.

Working in a country club, there is often times when four or five guys will stand around and peel half a dozen full cases of potatoes. Also, making gallons of demi glaze calls for an awful lot of peeled carrots.

It's funny that we'll spend hundreds on a knife, but depend on a $4 peeler.

At home, I too prefer to use a paring knife, but that's probably just to hone my skills; and two or three potatoes is a little different than two or three hundred.

In other news, the flipped Rosle has been treating me rather nicely. It's not very wide, but it is extremely sharp. I don't find it overly comfortable either, but it seems solidly made. That added with the fact that the blade itself is removable and sharpenable should lead to a long life....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread