Stupid Rosle Lefty peeler

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Somebody should tell Rosle that you peel away from you, not towards you, making their lefty peeler a righty, in my book! Damn $35 POS!!!!

I should've just got the righty and used it the right way!

Anyone else?

I can see how this is plexing. For some dumbass reason I go to myself when using one of these. happy hunting.

I actually have seen a lot of people that peel toward themselves! It drives me nuts!
Chris, PM me your addy, I've got a peeler that I can send you that only works if I peel towards myself, and I'm a righty.

I peel towards myself. Kuhn rikon peeler. Unless the object is too floppy to hold itself stiff (insert joke) then I peel away. I find that I can turn the veg quicker w/ my left hand and pull towards myself with my right. I also believe that its easier following the natural curve of whatever veg by pulling towards yourself to avoid creating a cubist outcome.

ive never ever seen anybody in germany peeling away from him. cant even imagine how that would look like. is there a video of that technique?

I didn't know peelers were directional/handed?? I use the rosle crosswise swivel one and peel vertically by pulling downward which I guess would be 'towards the user'

I stand over a garbage and by peeling away from me, can actually shoot the peels directly in the trash. It's fast, and there is no way peeling up, could possible be faster.

Somebody should tell Rosle that you peel away from you, not towards you, making their lefty peeler a righty, in my book! Damn $35 POS!!!!

I should've just got the righty and used it the right way!

Anyone else?

Yep I read a lot of reviews on Amazon to get the correct one. A left handed one for me, peel away from me with my right hand. Sounds like you're left handed and needed a right handed peeler.

It is a phenomenal peeler.

-AJ

Well, I popped the blade off and flipped it. Will bring it back to work for a run tonight...

Thanks for listening to my whining, lol.

I was a huge Kyocera fan for years, but I broke them constantly; so I gave up. Went to OXO, Kuhn Rikon, etc...just haven't fallen in love with anything yet.

Do you guys use Y peelers or swivel peelers?

Oh, and I'm a leftie who peels towards himself..

I found a 3 dollar one at the Japanese market that works both ways. It has no brand name on it so I can't recommend a brand name. I would just go for the cheap ones because my cooks and dishwashers seem to take them and mysteriously misplace them every day.

i use the Y only on asparagus. still cant imagine how peeling away from oneself would look like.

I peel away when I want to remove little, toward when I want a heavy peel.

You can still peel away from yourself,
as long as you are peeling the underside instead of the top.

I'm just being a goof so do not try to make sense of my comment.
It sounded funny in my head. Sorry.

I have the swivel and the crosswise? I think. The swivel is nice I like it and peel away from my fingers ! I have a maybe crosswise style one. (the one you can take the blade off and sharpen shaped kinda like a T) but it sucked. Swivel is universal and the other doesn't matter. Honestly I liked my Henkels one but the handle was so heavy compared to the blade, one drop and it broke off. I'd say the best are the 'crosswise' ones you find cheap (maybe a buck) in the US and come in red white or blue :) don't last but are cheap enough to have a few on hand.

i told my coworkers of that "peeling away method" and they all were like what the..?! id really like to see that in action.

i have never seen anybody doing that before and cant imagine why it could be faster then the other way round.

i have never seen anybody doing that before and cant imagine why it could be faster then the other way round.
Seriously?
It's a million times faster. Peel a 50lb bag of Russet Potatoes toward yourself and tell me how long it takes you.
I can peel a large carrot in 3 seconds. Can you do that slowly inwards?

ive never stopped time on peeling carrots, but i cant imagine that anybody could be very much faster. also, i dont see a major difference in the 2 methods, besides that it doesnt work for asparagus, as its gonna brake. 3 seconds sounds pretty fast to me tho. if you switch the carrot, like the guy in the video, that means that you do that after 1.5 seconds.

also, whats a large carrot? ive seen carrots that were bigger then my forearm.

So maybe it's not 3 secs, but beat my time peeling inwards.

I've always peeled away from me. I don't do it knyfenerd's way though, I do the whole carrot with each stroke. Surely it is quicker because the skin doesnt get in your way?

Back