Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: this knife is older than me! i have to show it some love.

thank you !

i really dunno, i asked my wife and she said it was found in his tools in a toolbox, i've seen part of it and it was mostly wood works tools so i guess it was a wood knife.

He's in Paris, where they use SI units.

I like ! Do you have a before picture ? I'm trying to grasp the 'tang' area with the handle.

hello!

what is SI units?

for the handle, it was a piece of rotten wood as large as the knife itself, i grinded most out of it. on the first photo you can see the marker where i cutted (a little on the blade too) to re profile it.

i still need to reshape the tip a little, and to keep on oiling/waxing the handle to make it shine.

no power tools were used (aside an orbital grinder to flatten the downside of my king 800grit stone where i did most of the blade job)

i might put rivets in the handle, but i lack a drill press. later on after i moved to my new home i'll consider buying one, as well as a small belt sander.

this has given me the idea to rehandle my set of jknives to make em look same collection (black micarta with red spacer)

SI: international scientific unit system, derived from the metric system. In everyday language SI and metric are synonyms. Antonym: Imperial

thank you very much for the information

Great WIP 3200+++! I'd be interested to hear the story behind your username....it's one of the more unusual ones on the forum...I believe the only one with no characters....and one of few with punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    SI: international scientific unit system, derived from the metric system. In everyday language SI and metric are synonyms. Antonym: Imperial
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systeme_Internationale

I didn't realize there was a distinction between SI and Metric...thanks for that!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

thanks!

lol thats a bit off topic its the first cpu i have oc'd without any flames or smoke. as the first forums i used were toward pc hardware... i chose it.

never changed it tho, nice to have sometimes an old fellow saying hi on some other forum than the one you met him in

i have put the almighty one to use \o/

forgive me for the technique, i had to cut on a low table being sitting on the sofa because we're on the move and no more working table is available.

but the most important thing is that it's working fine! the profile is good enough (a big flat and a small belly), cuts straight with little to no steering, and i hope further tests (in a real kitchen) will make everything clear about the work remaining.

a small cutting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX9Kv...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for sharing the video, troismilledeuxcentsplus...