Hiya doin from NJ

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Glad to be here.

I happened on this forum while googling about different Japanese knives and finding a better cutting board than my warped Boos. I'm a home cook, I cook for my wife who can barely turn on the stove and I like it that way! No competition for the kitchen! My two year old is slowly trying new foods, as well. I started cooking about 10 years ago, got a set of Wusthof knives as a wedding gift, then a few Shun, couple Victorinox, now looking at the more fine Japanese knife makers for a wa-gyuto.

I've got a Boardsmith maple board on order and will buy Dave's DVD + block combo kit when his DVDs are back in stock. I'm getting in deep! Otherwise I build guitar amps here and there for myself so I'm relatively handy and always want to go deeper and learn more when I'm really into something. Lately I've wanted to take my n00b skills a little further and this site isn't helping. If I was about 20 years younger, I'd consider culinary school. I'm 37 with a family, so, too old for that lifestyle.

I'm about 20 minutes from NYC which makes many, varied cultures and cuisines quite accessible.

Thanks!
Brian

If you offer to work for free a lot of restaurants may take you. Especially in NYC, if I lived there I would be trying to stage everywhere!

Welcome to the KKF!

Thanks, Dave! Once I get your sharpening DVD and blocks and practice a bit, I think I've decided on the Gesshin Ginga 240mm Stainless Wa-Gyuto you sell!

Back