Quantcast
What non-knife product are you wanting to buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What non-knife product are you wanting to buy?

Either a Kamado grill, or wood oven, or some kind of outdoor cooking setup.

much more awesomer
    Within reach? Knocked one off the list yesterday by winning an online auction for a solid koa concert uke. The photos and description make is appear to be almost new, which would put my winning bid plus shipping at less than half the price of a new one. Solid wood ukes are pretty expensive considering they're factory-made in China and Southeast Asia. Even at the price I paid it is expensive considering I have yet to get close to mastering a few chords. But like Japanese knives, even just playing a cheap laminated uke for a bit leads to addiction, known as UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome). I have open alerts on CL, Kiiji (aka eBay Classifieds) and eBay for many more.

Similarly, the Irish whistle or penny whistle is a very cheap instrument to buy and learn. Many of the best whistle players use cheap, factory-made whistles that cost less than $10. But picking one up and learning a few melodies instantly leads to WhOAD (whistle obsessive acquisition disorder). Within a month of finding an old Guinness-branded Walton whistle in one of my storage boxes, I acquired six more inexpensive soprano (D) whistles ($10-$35!) along with two custom, telescopic Ds ($100+) for when I travel. Whistles start at about $10 and collectible customs can go up over $1000. I will never be good enough to justify a one of those, but knowing that many of the best Irish Traditional Music artists recording today make their livings playing sub-$100 whistles makes this a somewhat unique obsession. I have my eye on a few soprano whistles in other keys and one or two "low" (tenor) whistles in C and D.

I blame my ADHD.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I gotta see that uke when you get it. Pictures please!

New Watch

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    A bandsaw, new big-boy sander, lots of belts and discs.....
    ...I guess it's all knife related though.
    OK, some Blantons and some Knappogue Castle.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

First of all, I need to find a decent room in a shared apartment, that's the best I can afford right now (they run around $850+/month out here unless you want to share a dump and one bathroom with 4 others...).

As for acquisitions, I would love a Green Egg but that will remain a dream for some time. More realistically, if I can set up my espresso gear in the new place, I will be saving up for a Behmor coffee roaster. And I need new shoes...

Stefan

Salty, I'd think that these would be on your short list:

Name:  image_17948.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  4.5 KB

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

my next purchase of significance will be a new hunting backpack.

wife said i cant charge it..so i am brown bagging lunches and making coffee at home. crazy how $900 can be saved up. current trajectory shows me buying this thing first week of July!!

I need a new pellet rifle and a cross bow. Squirrels and deer need harvesting this fall.