What non-knife product are you wanting to buy?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Nguyen

Reaction score
I've been GASing (gear acquisition syndrome) for this swingaway hitting thing; it's basically a tee on steroids. I don't play baseball really, but I love to go catch and batting. I'd go everyday if I could. There's a local batting cage bar in town that I spend a bit too much money at.

This will be the ultimate in stress relief and overall entertainment for me.

What are you GASing for?

swing_away_bryce_harper_mvp_1__75414.1350845043.1280.1280.jpg

Large touch screen head unit for my car. And speakers. And another amp.

New socks and underwear. Some sandals for the summer. ... Seems so dull compared to - well, you know.

Either a Kamado grill, or wood oven, or some kind of outdoor cooking setup.

Within reach? Knocked one off the list yesterday by winning an online auction for a solid koa concert uke. The photos and description make is appear to be almost new, which would put my winning bid plus shipping at less than half the price of a new one. Solid wood ukes are pretty expensive considering they're factory-made in China and Southeast Asia. Even at the price I paid it is expensive considering I have yet to get close to mastering a few chords. But like Japanese knives, even just playing a cheap laminated uke for a bit leads to addiction, known as UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome). I have open alerts on CL, Kiiji (aka eBay Classifieds) and eBay for many more.

Similarly, the Irish whistle or penny whistle is a very cheap instrument to buy and learn. Many of the best whistle players use cheap, factory-made whistles that cost less than $10. But picking one up and learning a few melodies instantly leads to WhOAD (whistle obsessive acquisition disorder). Within a month of finding an old Guinness-branded Walton whistle in one of my storage boxes, I acquired six more inexpensive soprano (D) whistles ($10-$35!) along with two custom, telescopic Ds ($100+) for when I travel. Whistles start at about $10 and collectible customs can go up over $1000. I will never be good enough to justify a one of those, but knowing that many of the best Irish Traditional Music artists recording today make their livings playing sub-$100 whistles makes this a somewhat unique obsession. I have my eye on a few soprano whistles in other keys and one or two "low" (tenor) whistles in C and D.

I blame my ADHD.

A bandsaw, new big-boy sander, lots of belts and discs.....
...I guess it's all knife related though.
OK, some Blantons and some Knappogue Castle.

First of all, I need to find a decent room in a shared apartment, that's the best I can afford right now (they run around $850+/month out here unless you want to share a dump and one bathroom with 4 others...).

As for acquisitions, I would love a Green Egg but that will remain a dream for some time. More realistically, if I can set up my espresso gear in the new place, I will be saving up for a Behmor coffee roaster. And I need new shoes...

Stefan

Salty, I'd think that these would be on your short list:

image_17948.jpg

:justkidding:

my next purchase of significance will be a new hunting backpack.

wife said i cant charge it..so i am brown bagging lunches and making coffee at home. crazy how $900 can be saved up. current trajectory shows me buying this thing first week of July!! :D

I need a new pellet rifle and a cross bow. Squirrels and deer need harvesting this fall.

Squirrels? Must be very upstate> LOL I'm only kidding, do you really eat them? I thought that was a Ozark thing? If you say you do I won't believe you until I see something edible you make from them. I'm still sticking to yuck

my next purchase of significance will be a new hunting backpack.

wife said i cant charge it..so i am brown bagging lunches and making coffee at home. crazy how $900 can be saved up. current trajectory shows me buying this thing first week of July!! :D

900!! what the , { appropriate xplenitives inserted here } are you buying? a Kifaru Timberline W/ Duplex frame can be had for
around 700.00

I need a new pellet rifle and a cross bow. Squirrels and deer need harvesting this fall.

Tree rat makes a fine meal. The next for is going to be a 2014 Z-28. I'll just run the little bastages over.

Macbook Air, Ion Torrent 318 chips...

Lemond Poprad, or any nice ish cross bike. If anyone has one in 55-57 let me know, the roads in my new hood are rough and there are some nice off road possibilities offered by the levee near my house.

Back