Quantcast
Would you pay 2.5k for this?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay 2.5k for this?

Would you pay 2.5k for this?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
    Ha!! That's hilarious.Probably cost him about $50.00 to put it together from some scraps he had lying around.
    $2500.00 my @ss.
    What's he calling it? "The hillbilly pro sharpener" ?? :-D

Only if I had just bought a $20,000 Kramer on eBay that needed sharpening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Only if I had just bought a $20,000 Kramer on eBay that needed sharpening.
    Lol. Puts that into perspective

Only if his furry fella friend is included.

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Ha!! That's hilarious.Probably cost him about $50.00 to put it together from some scraps he had lying around.
    $2500.00 my @ss.
    Gizmo supreme. Its actually not a terrible design.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    $2500.00 my @ss.
    You got to give the guy some credit. 2.5K is a stretch, but his setup is better than electric grinders and one can mix and match belts. This system is perfect for sharpening German or other low-end knives with convex grinds. Belts conform to a convex edge, so you can blend the bevel pretty well.
    You get a knife 'sharp' is 3 min and even if you charge $5 per knife, you can make $100 an hour (mathematically speaking). Not bad at all.

I wont' be surprised if the design is cloned and used in some 'pro' sharpening setup. I for one am going to bookmark this page.

If I were to suggest an improvement to Mr. Jackson it would be to add a VFD to his setup and tune up the components so the grinder doesn't make as much noise. Too much racketing noise for my taste.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Hmm, I was looking at getting a grinder/polisher for some knife handles anyway. Now I know I can attach some pulleys and some aluminum oxide belts and make a sharpener too. I'm SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    You got to give the guy some credit. 2.5K is a stretch, but his setup is better than electric grinders and one can mix and match belts. This system is perfect for sharpening German or other low-end knives with convex grinds. Belts conform to a convex edge, so you can blend the bevel pretty well.
    You get a knife 'sharp' is 3 min and even if you charge $5 per knife, you can make $100 an hour (mathematically speaking). Not bad at all.

I wont' be surprised if the design is cloned and used in some pro sharpening setup.

M
    OK I'll give him credit for design,but not for charging $2500.00.
    I'm sure that's just the prototype,the finished product will be much more refined..

Its not a new design. The local sharpening shop has been using and selling the same design for years.

http://www.knifesharpest.com/Grambo.html

They charge the same for a higher quality system. They can sharpen a knife in less than 3 minutes. They do enough business in knives and sharpening to have 3-5 employees.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein