Quantcast
Knife bags - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife bags

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    This is what I'm currently rocking. You can see in one of the pics how the tip of a saya pokes out.
    Attachment 16280Attachment 16281Attachment 16282

I've got a new one headed my way soon with 20 knife slots.The bottoms adjust to fit any size handle. There are a few zippered pockets you can't see in the pictures too. I found a guy on Etsy I've been collaborating with and he's been great to work with. Very affordable as well. I know at least 2 other forum members have some of my friend's work as well.
    Attachment 16283Attachment 16284
    I'll send some pics when I get all of my junk in there.

Oh well, I've been posting pics on KKF for over a year, and this is the first time I've uploaded them straight from my 'puter.........
    ......won't do this again! I'll take the time to put the next ones on photobucket instead!
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Knerd, pics are loading.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

This is one from the same gent knerd ids referring to. Great freaking bag!

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    how is it holding up to everyday use? how long have you had it? =D
    Yeah not bad, being that it's quite slim its easy to store during service, slides between or under things quite easy.
    Think I've had it around 4 years, it would be even better if it was a hard case, aluminium etc, but the outside cleans up fine if it gets liquid on the outside.

Yeah not bad, being that it's quite slim its easy to store during service, slides between or under things quite easy.
    Think I've had it around 4 years, it would be even better if it was a hard case, aluminium etc, but the outside cleans up fine if it gets liquid on the outside.
    good to hear. might get one when i end up having nowhere else to store my knives. and i already have three bags starting to get full. lol.

oh well. need to cut down.

Sample 5 knife set up. Notice the Jaw leather roll is no match for a 300 Yanagi. I'm not sure I dig the rivets but the height on Marc4pt0s roll makes me a little jealous.

Attachment 16341
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg‎
Views:	24
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	16343  
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    I Switch them around a lot but this is a normal amount for me on any given day. Looks like its about 9-10 knives

Oh wow that looks more like a tool bag! I image it's easier to use though since you don't have to really open up anything. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    that would be great if you drove around in a car. but if you were going to commute, that would raise some eyebrows. =D
    LOL Yea... I think I would be a little concerned if I were in the subway and saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    This is what I'm currently rocking. You can see in one of the pics how the tip of a saya pokes out.
    Attachment 16280Attachment 16281Attachment 16282

I've got a new one headed my way soon with 20 knife slots.The bottoms adjust to fit any size handle. There are a few zippered pockets you can't see in the pictures too. I found a guy on Etsy I've been collaborating with and he's been great to work with. Very affordable as well. I know at least 2 other forum members have some of my friend's work as well.
    Attachment 16283Attachment 16284
    I'll send some pics when I get all of my junk in there.

Oh well, I've been posting pics on KKF for over a year, and this is the first time I've uploaded them straight from my 'puter.........
    ......won't do this again! I'll take the time to put the next ones on photobucket instead!
    Oh no, the attachments are loading.
    I'm excited for your 20 slot knife bag though!

I currently use a koobi kit which usually has approx 9 knives plus tools. But I just ordered a 360mm dragon suji and wonder if anyone knows of a case that will accommodate something that large.

+ Reply to Thread