Messing with the engraver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of people were coloring or taping their saya covers so they can tell it's theirs, so I was wondering if I can do anything with the engraver.

It's a little hard to tell, but it says "ham" and "walrus."
I can adjust it to make it bigger, but it's too faint to really see it.

Instead of "Ham" and "Walrus", I think it should be "Walrus Ham".

It is pretty faint though. I wonder if you could color the saya in some way first, and then engrave it to get a contrast?

Instead of "Ham" and "Walrus", I think it should be "Walrus Ham".

It is pretty faint though. I wonder if you could color the saya in some way first, and then engrave it to get a contrast?

LOL I should have. (On a side note I think the word "walrus" looks really nice in script. Just saying.)

Oh thats true. Maybe theres a powder ink or something to color the engraved part only?

hmmmm.....I'm thinking you used a black crayon to fill in the indent from the engraver, then some sandpaper to grind off the crayon from the top, leaving black crayon in the engraving!

LOL I should have. (On a side note I think the word "walrus" looks really nice in script. Just saying.)

Oh thats true. Maybe theres a powder ink or something to color the engraved part only?

quit flirting with Don!lol He has work to do.

They'll make adorable babies....

Imo, we would tape or knives, tools, sayas to make sure it was noticeable and no one would mistakenly grab it on the fly. If it is going to be effective, it needs to be big and bold.

Or you could sell it to the yuppies, tell them thats how chefs do it and charge a premium:)

Imo, we would tape or knives, tools, sayas to make sure it was noticeable and no one would mistakenly grab it on the fly. If it is going to be effective, it needs to be big and bold.

Or you could sell it to the yuppies, tell them thats how chefs do it and charge a premium:)

Yea you really can't see it... :\
LOL I'd happily do it for anyone for free. It's so easy.

Latest posts

Back