Quantcast
WTB Tanaka R2 240 Gyuto - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB Tanaka R2 240 Gyuto

Shigeki has been making that line for a few years now, maybe since 2008. Currently that line uses R2/SG2 which he says is the same thing.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Oh really, I had no idea that he has been doing them. That's good then, as it really is a great line. JCK hasn't had a new batch in for quite a while now, so might be worth emailing Koki to see if there is a shipment on the horizon. I sold my 240 gyuto at the start of the year and for the life of me still haven't got a clue why. Was a great knife.

I've avoided this conversation, because I want one and was so damn close.... Damn. Thanks for reminding me.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I had a slew of messages after I mentioned that I would be willing to sell mine, but I realized that these wa-gyutos are now a rare commodity, and I don't think I'll part with these babies yet. I had to look high and low for many months until Frank sold me a pair (210 and 240), but Frank's website no longer seems to be functioning. Someone who can read Kanji can tell me whose name is on that wooden box.

Can't tell you about the kanji but I can tell you those are two great looking knives!

+ Reply to Thread