fun with prep

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got in a case of yellow bell peppers that were really long, so stacked em up in high layers and julienned away for maple pepper jam.

yellowbell_zps8fd1e37f.jpg

knife used: thinned tanaka ginsanko 270 gyuto, push cutting machine.

pictures don't do it justice(probably not even video as you cant capture 'feel'), but even mundane tasks like julienning cabbage and slicing onion is fun when you have a tool that is simply a joy to use. i feel very fortunate to have found a gyuto that is such a good match for what i want in a knife.

cabbage_zps22a950a7.jpg

onion_zps3a9632c2.jpg

it seems! i'm trying this out next time i go buying food! does it have to be equilibrated or really sweet in the end? i wish to replace chili powder with fresh black pepper (or maybe green? fresh green or red chili peppers? garlic?)

what do you serve it with? i'm thinking blue or goat cheeses with something like a montbazillac or sauternes if not too sweet

This thread is killing me. I want a 270 ginsanko tanaka so badly now. Must look away!

it seems! i'm trying this out next time i go buying food! does it have to be equilibrated or really sweet in the end? i wish to replace chili powder with fresh black pepper (or maybe green? fresh green or red chili peppers? garlic?)

what do you serve it with? i'm thinking blue or goat cheeses with something like a montbazillac or sauternes if not too sweet

Served with chicken and chipotle waffle slider. it doesnt have to be really sweet at all and it has jalapeno in it.

Latest posts

Back