Down and Out - For Now.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Screwed up my back on Wednesday. I get these spasms sometimes that just lock everything up in my lower back and makes moving very painful. Meds, ice then heat helps, but it's a slow recovery process.

I have a new box of blocks just back from K&G that I was looking forward to cleaning up this weekend and getting onto the site next week, but that is going to have to wait.

Man plans and God laughs.

Thanks Mike. Not much choice right now. I'll start cheating soon though.

Thanks everyone. Giving me a chance to catch on some paperwork. Always look for the silver lining (playbook).

I recommend the read "down and out in Paris and London". Might help pass your time resting! Get well soon!

Thanks Brad. I just finished Nelson Demille's "The Panther". Going a little stir crazy.

Take your time and get well! Also recommend a great read "the know it all" by aj jacobs

Hurting your back sucks. Perhaps buy a few dvd boxsets or something like that? I had 5 weeks off with a broken thumb recently and that's what I did

Ouch! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks everyone. I've been through this before and it usually takes about a week to feel somewhat normal and then another week to feel 100%. Wednesday will be the end of week one so things have improved. I'm going to hobble over to my chiropractor today and see if he can help the healing process. With any luck I'll be able to get my newly stabilized pieces sanded this weekend and into the store next week.

I think I've turned the corner with my back. I'm off the pain meds and just taking Advil now. Pretty sure I'll be able to sand and finish my latest collection of stabilized blocks this weekend so keep an eye on my site next week, particularly if you're in the market for some maple or koa.

Thanks to all of you who wished we well.

Back