Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rec for a Good Pair of Scissors

I bought my scissors yesterday. I just wanted to imagine Dave's face when he gets a box of scissors and he is trying to grind his own blades.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Dang, I forgot all about those. Looks like Dave will get another box soon...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I still haven't ordered mine either. Why don't you just do a group buy for us Dave Just order half a dozen of these, sharpen them up, and sell them to us.

Description:
    9 1/2" ERGONOMIX® SHEARS

KAI® model 5240 dressmaking style shears with a 4" cutting length

Stefan
    Didn't want to start a new thread with this, but just a quick update: Dave ordered these Kai shears for me and sharpened them before he sent them over. They are not only very comfortable for someone with XL hands, they are clearly also the sharpest shears/scissors (I keep forgetting the difference) I ever had. If you need that one pair of really reliable and sharp scissors around the house these are highly recommended. Probably not the first choice for the kitchen, though, because they do not come apart for cleaning. For that I was happy with the Messermeister kitchen shears, but now Dave spoiled me and I may have to look into alternatives there also. The Messermeisters are my shop shears right now anyway. Oh, I have no idea what the Kai shears cost since they were paid out of our bartering account, maybe Dave can chime in here.

Stefan

i don't know if dave would consider doing a group buy for these scissors but they are BANGIN!!!....plain and simple...ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Hey I'm glad to hear that you guys are digging those shears. They're really nothing fancy but are a pretty good bang for the buck upgrade to the normal household scissors.

Is the green material on those handles plastic or metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Is the green material on those handles plastic or metal?
    It's "Santoprene®, a soft thermal rubber that's chemically bonded to the blades"

I also have a pair that Dave sharpened. They are great, and I keep it in a special hidden place so that only I can use them. Otherwise, they end up in the 7-year-olds art drawer.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Btw, they have a 20% off sale at Kai until 14 October -- promo code is SALE.

K.