Quantcast
Dinner in Raleigh with MuchoBocho
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinner in Raleigh with MuchoBocho

Dinner in Raleigh with MuchoBocho

MuchoBocho was extremely generous and gracious in having my wife and I over for dinner with his family. We met at the farmer's market, and had a nice BBQ lunch, and shopped a bit for veg. Then he and I went back to his house while my wife went back to the RV to take a break from the Knerding. We spent some hours looking at each other's knives and he showed me how to do the 3-finger test...no fingers were injured in the process. I also had the chance to try some proper stroppging on balsa and leather with boron and diamond compounds, respectively....I can see this will be in my future. He has an incredible kitchen. Vacuum chamber, tumblers, suous vid, sausage grinder, sausage filler, awesome garden.....seeing it all and experiencing some of the products of it is going to cost me some money! Here are a few photos from the evening.We started off by making a rosemary-infused vodka using the ISI. Was very nice, surprisingly strongly flavored for only 15 minutes or so of steeping. The jowls were amazing...crispy pork fatty goodness. The sausages were exellent, as was the kale--which was amazingly meaty itself, I'm now a kale fan! He also broke out some chicken and garlic sausage which was even better than the pork sausages.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

You lucky dog, well played!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

i haven't had breakfast yet and these pix are making me hungry!

Looks beautiful, I admit, I do envy you your trip a little bit But I appreciate you posting pictures of it

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Looks beautiful, I admit, I do envy you your trip a little bit But I appreciate you posting pictures of it Stefan
    You come with us...if you do the driving. Almost 2,000 miles so far....I promise no pictures of that part though! Very much enjoying myself though, first real vacation in about 6 years.

That looks so good! I'm quiet jealous. Thank you for posting pictures from your trip.

Wow that looks freakin good!

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Great, clear picts, DO. And I think you've invented a whole new travel niche: the KKF tour. Explore some place rich with KKF members, get the word out, then hook up and get fed like a king (by some obviously generous people).

The SU and I are happy you've found a new veg too.

chicken tasting better than pork sausage!?? lies!

Heh, I tried to encourage Jon + Sarah to do this...get a JKI RV and make a trip around the country.....maybe KOA living isn't for Venetians?I forgot a couple of pics from Sat night. Even MuchoBocho's daughters get in on the actiokn: This is his oldest, using her own knife to make sweet-n-sour apples for me--she sprinkled the apples with malic acid to make a more healthy version of Sour Patch Kids (one of my guilty pleasures, actually)! His youngest then made a version with English Cucumbers...which was better than you'd guess. I also got to visit with their pet mice and hermit crabs. MB is a great father to these young ladies.

+ Reply to Thread