Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monk Fish recipe requested

Null stress ENjoy

Central Jersey
    Wrap the 6.5 oz filets in basil then prosciutto and in a ripping hot pan sear them until crisp 3/4 of the way around, then on the final 1/4 put the pan in a 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until done then let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it on a bias and plating. You can serve it with a charred tomato coulis and maybe some chanterelles. (scoop out and seed ripe romas then blacken the hell out of them under a broiler with the skins on, then simply puree and tighten with ultratex or you can use cooked potato or even roux then season s+p) For the starch, maybe a warm Israeli couscous or Puy Lentil salad. IDK that would work. Trying to keep it lighter for the summer with the basil and tomato.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks ThEoRy and Bieniek. Wonderful suggestions. I'm going to get some additional groceries and make it tomorrow.

Hamilton, Ontario
    I have a couple of suggestions:

1) Alsatian style-Pan roast then add bacon lardons and deglaze pan with Riesling and veal glace, add small diced carrots and sauerkraut, finish with Dijon mustard, salt & pepper.

2) Indian style- Sear and braise in your favorite butter chicken sauce recipe. It's excellent!