• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA) - Miyabi 7000MC Santoku ZDP-189 Steel, Tadafusa SLD Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
I'm continuing to clear off my knife rack.

1) Miyabi 7000MC Santoku. 180mm length with ZDP-189 steel. You should try this knife just to feel what ZDP-189 is like. A home cook could probably go a few years without having to sharpen this thing as long as he uses a wooden board and doesn't slam-force chops. It is asymmetrically ground (like most Japanese knives) with asymmetric bevel. I have set a double-bevel on both sides and the edge stays scary sharp forever. I just touched the edge up on my Edge-Pro. I would actually keep it but I just don't like the handle. There are fine scratch marks on the stainless cladding. Zknives did a review of this knife a while back.

http://zknives.com/knives/kitchen/ktknv/henckels/miyabistk180.shtml

$100 bucks shipped CONUS.

2) Tadafusa Nakiri with hammer finish. SLD semi-stainless edge with stainless cladding. This had a very rough fit and finish from the manufacturer. I took a very very rough stone (200 to 300) and took the sharp edges off the spine and choil, but I didn't smooth it out any more than that. Thus, the rough scratch marks. Easy to sharpen and a tough little nice that you won't be afraid to slam down on any cutting board. :)

$40 shipped CONUS.

Oh NO!! not another GIRL knife!!!!

Both knives have been sold. Thanks again!

I dont care about girlie or even miyabi as a brand but that is an ugly knife.

ZDP steel knife for $100 sounds like a winner with any handle. Congrats to the seller and buyer.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure they are very happy with their purchase and I am sure something in my collection would garner a crack or two on here.

Way to make the buyer feel better about their purchase, jeez...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure they are very happy with their purchase and I am sure something in my collection would garner a crack or two on here.

Doesn't mean you have to take a crack at both the buyer and seller. Show a little respect.

Point taken, no need to single me out when there are cracks right above mine in this post and in others.
Doesn't mean you have to take a crack at both the buyer and seller. Show a little respect.

sorry you weren't around to police the Suisin Inox Honyaki Santoku thread on here.

All comments aside, I received the Tadafusa today (Quick shipping bk!) and found it exactly as described. I am surprised by how thin and light it is.
The way I see it I get to try SLD steel in a knife style I like for 40 bucks. :pirate1:

Glen

I have a santoku. I like Miyabi and what they're doing. I like the sound of $100....

Regardless, it's over and done with, and I'm sure it won't happen again. BUT, I do agree with Brainsausage.

Back