Quantcast
Favorite modernist techniques or foods - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite modernist techniques or foods

Pressure cookers are fun and very versitile. I use mine weekly.

Our local library has "Modernist Cuisine at Home". There's a queue for checking it out, but it's a free way to take a look. Worth checking a library near you if you're interested.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

a pressure cooker is now modernist cooking?

hey, someone have the time to paraphrase the carnitas recipe? i never use my pressure cooker. i even considered turning it into a booze still. hehe.

i like carnitas more than booze.

Boom, Its not that PC is new, its just that when its applied with modern techniques, you can really transform foods in a new way. Just be sure that if your cooking in the actual pot, its stanless steel and not alumnium.

The pressure cooker is defiantly awesome, I make stocks and beans in mine almost weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    I'd like to play with a Pacojet, but haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm ok with changing the state of natural ingredients but I have no interest in chemical adulterants.
    I've been using paco's for years. They are decent tools but I find they are over rated. They always need to be fixed too.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    I've been using paco's for years. They are decent tools but I find they are over rated. They always need to be fixed too.
    What's up with that?? It Pacojets seem like such a great idea, but it seems that everyone that I talk to that uses them has similar comments: the first half of the sentence is usually about them being very useful. The second half of the sentence notes that they don't work well in professional environments since they are always breaking down.

-daniel

I agree the Paco is great, but I would invest in a higher end ice cream machine if i had my time and money back.

I love using malt vinegar powder on my classic fish & chips, it tastes great and your fish doesn't get soggy like when you douse it with real vinegar. Plus, it really surprises people when they first bite into their fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Boom, Its not that PC is new, its just that when its applied with modern techniques
    Can you explain in a little more detail??