Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Search function at KKF?

Is it possible with the software to do quote searches to find exact matches of multiple words?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Is it possible with the software to do quote searches to find exact matches of multiple words?

k.

I couldn't tell you but if you try it let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Just to follow up with this, I've tried 3 character searches both with and without the wildcard, for a few different 3 character terms, and every time I get the same message indicating no results. This has been attempted on multiple computers and browsers, and even mobile (iphone).

It's no big deal to me as I don't expect much from forum search functions, but I thought you guys might want to know.
    - Sean

Oh yeah we definitely want the feedback. Just to let you know too, Jim had been messing around looking into trying to replicate the problem by setting up accounts to do testing but he could never get the same thing happen as you have going on.....it's all weird but like i said we like the feedback. Thanks,.

Until that time, you can always do as I do, I perform directed google searches, so just type in: cck site:kitchenknifeforums.com

That will give you site-specific CCK posts.

This is also what I do when I want to narrow my search with quotes too. For instance, when I search on google for "kramer article" site:kitchenknifeforums.com in quotes it will bring up that exact series of words and thread on KKF with out sorting through all the posts that just say 'kramer' in it.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I've used it and it's worked great for me. If I wanted anything more, it would be a preview of the page text with the search term in it.

But I just click on the likely threads I'm looking for and ctrl+F to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Until that time, you can always do as I do, I perform directed google searches, so just type in: cck site:kitchenknifeforums.com
    This is what I have gotten accustmed to doing for forums in general, so like I said not a huge deal to me.

I will note just so we're all clear, searches with 4 or more letters work fine.
    - Sean