Greetings from Oberlin, OH!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxcolossusjr

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm Matt. I am currently a student of jazz saxophone and economics at Oberlin College and Conservatory outside Cleveland, in Oberlin, OH. I have been a food enthusiast for as long as I can remember, and intend on opening my own restaurant down the road. I recently moved in to my own place so I can finally start experimenting in the kitchen. I came here because I care that I get the best products I can within my budget constraints, and this seemed like the obvious place for me to get advice as I start to build a modest collection, plus I am a knowledge junkie.

Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Let me guess; Sonny Rollins is a favorite.

Let me guess; Sonny Rollins is a favorite.

How did you know?! hahaa, im glad someone got the clue. He was my first "main guy" when i was developing an interest in the music. I got to meet him when I was 13 after a concert for SFJazz. easily the most memorable evening of my life. You must be a fan, too...?

Hey guys!

I'm Matt. I am currently a student of jazz saxophone and economics at Oberlin College and Conservatory outside Cleveland, in Oberlin, OH. I have been a food enthusiast for as long as I can remember, and intend on opening my own restaurant down the road. I recently moved in to my own place so I can finally start experimenting in the kitchen. I came here because I care that I get the best products I can within my budget constraints, and this seemed like the obvious place for me to get advice as I start to build a modest collection, plus I am a knowledge junkie.

Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Hello and welcome! Being a sax student you wouldn't happen to know Stephen Page would you? I played sax for most of my career in school some of it along side stephen in high school. Amazing player who's studied with Rousseau and now has a doctorate in musical arts and is asst. director of music at Colorado Mesa University. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.page is his FB page in case you would ever like to get in touch with him.

How did you know?! hahaa, im glad someone got the clue. He was my first "main guy" when i was developing an interest in the music. I got to meet him when I was 13 after a concert for SFJazz. easily the most memorable evening of my life. You must be a fan, too...?

Saxophone Colossus, Tenor Madness, Blue 7... I was a jazz bass player for much of my life, went to school for music theory, did studio work, shows, and even weddings; i.e., I've been around. Lot's of friends from Oberlin from way before your time. I only saw Sonny Rollins once with a pick up band with McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones, Ron Carter. Rollins opened just by himself with a 15 minute solo...amazing ****.

Back