Japanese Knives One more Jin deba ready to go for its new owner

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
1040222_10151547300558860_1450118820_o.jpg

1040317_10151547300548860_1947864384_o.jpg

1008471_10151547300563860_1373558104_o.jpg

and click this for some quick instagram video
[video]http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151547299278860[/video]

Just stunning. I think these are hands-down the coolest knives out there.

i like the knife but i think the real star of the post is the michel bras book! Every aspiring cook should own a copy to see what can be achieved. Probably my all time favourite.

i like the knife but i think the real star of the post is the michel bras book! Every aspiring cook should own a copy to see what can be achieved. Probably my all time favourite.

I was gonna say something about it, too. Glad you got another copy Jon:thumbsup:

me too... i was so sad when it was stolen... i used to read it every day during my break in between lunch and dinner service... i've attempted every recipe in the book

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Aren't they all intentionally a little off/vague? Now you've motivated me to at least try to do the same, though I'm not at the level to even be trying a lot of this stuff yet

yeah... none of the recipes work... i had to steal notes from a friend of mine who worked for him to get them to work ;)

also, i hate to say it, but a large part of his cooking works because of where he is and the kinds of things he has access to... its not quite the same elsewhere

yeah... none of the recipes work... i had to steal notes from a friend of mine who worked for him to get them to work ;)

also, i hate to say it, but a large part of his cooking works because of where he is and the kinds of things he has access to... its not quite the same elsewhere

Lucky friend. Maybe someday I...lol I'll leave it at that for now and not get my hopes up

You mean the ingredient base he's drawing from? That's what I like about him, he's ingredient driven if I can use the cliche but still super creative and also not in your face about it.

Sorry for derailing your thread, Jon. The deba is nice, too! :lol2:

anytime... michel bras is an inspiration... i'm happy to talk about him any time anywhere.

Yes, the ingredient base he is drawing from. Everything he gets is the best he can, and a lot of it makes what we commonly have access to pale in comparison. At least in CA we have access to some pretty awesome veggies. But the fish and meat he gets are really something special.

The guy was years ahead of his time with his food.

Michel is a mentor
worked entremetier for him 9 months in 92

the doc Entre Les Bras or step up to the plate is a must see

Back