Quantcast
New potential handles - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New potential handles

Wow, looks just like my hunting bow and arrow set up. I think it is genious!!! I am a huge Wa handle fan, that just can't afford to spend $150.00 per knife, on replacing all my handles. If the price point was right, I am sure you could sell large quantities. I know I would be interested.

It's stupid. Go back to Canada!

I like it a lot....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I like it. Tighter weaves, metal spacers, butt cap with your paw's signature.
    Conrad.

With the tighter weave I think it would look BALLER.

I love it. The carbon fiber looks has always appealed to me. Nice work. And a matching carbon saya might look cool too.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Just struck me, there are of course carbon weaves with other colours and also carbon/kevlar mixes that you could use for more colour. red/black, blue/black
    http://carbonsales.com/home.php

Do you vacuum them?

Potentially you could get a heavy foam and form that to shape and then put the weave on too... With a bit of epoxy when you mount the handle the foam should be ok (i think)

Pierre and I talked about this for a little while, and we came up with the idea of soft wood, like poplar, with carbon fiber over top, for when a really lightweight but durable handle is needed. A knife like a small petty or a wa-parer could use this application very effectively.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I am also working on a carbon fibre, leather core saya, and maybe a leather core Kydex saya. The leather would protect the blade, and the synthetics make it all but bullet proof. Either on its own would be nice, but both synthetic materials would scratch any finish over time. The leather is much gentler. I just need to work it out and do a couple prototypes.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by Montrachet View Post
    I like it. Tighter weaves, metal spacers, butt cap with your paw's signature.
    My feeling too. Really nice to see a different look.

I love wood, but I like the look of this, too. I agree with the comment that silver/steel colored spacers would look better, IMHO.