Quantcast
Blueway's got a new batch of Sakai Yusuke SS - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blueway's got a new batch of Sakai Yusuke SS

Quote Originally Posted by V1P View Post
    Hi everyone, guess who bought the only 240mm ebony handle with buffalo horn spacer and collar from this batch
    That's a good looking handle, but for some reason, I think the ebony wood might add a good ounce or more to the weight of the knife when compared to magnolia/ho wood. I'm taking a keen look at this knife.

FYI, masamoto makes a KS in aeb-l
    i think this is it.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/c...3-3-0193-1501/

Korin is having a sale this month, I can't remember if its 10% or 15%, but after discount you could just go through them instead, the prices are real close if I'm not mistaken.

Just picked mine up at the Post Office this AM.

Lovely knife. The sound of the steel, even just through the handle as I hold it- makes me want to rush home and start cuttin' stuff up

did you get any information about the heat treatment on the masamoto aeb-l ?

I'm mildly curious as to why Yusuke is reportedly low on stock atm. Could it be because so many retailers have jumped on the bandwagon and ordered big? Or are they running the inventory down for another reason like next big batch coming in.

I'm mildly curious as to why Yusuke is reportedly low on stock atm. Could it be because so many retailers have jumped on the bandwagon and ordered big? Or are they running the inventory down for another reason like next big batch coming in.
    it would be probably more attributed to the fluctuating exchange rate and they're probably holding on to their stocks til it stabilizes a bit more. but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    did you get any information about the heat treatment on the masamoto aeb-l ?
    ive been in contact with korin about placing an order. i believe the aeb-l is hardened to 60-61.

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    it would be probably more attributed to the fluctuating exchange rate and they're probably holding on to their stocks til it stabilizes a bit more. but that's just me.
    I would have thought that the majority of Sakai Yusuke's business is domestic. I wasn't referring to Bluewayjapan the eBay seller.

I have been using this knife for the last few days. Quite a pleasure... lightweight belies it's strength. A real multi purpose tool. I love the tip and the flatter profile. Nice feel of the handle. The additional blade thickness is a comfort as my usual hamfisted technique doesn't seem to phase it. Sharp and pretty, right ootb. Cuts onions, carrots, tomatoes, salmon; smooshes cloves of garlic for peeling. Love the sound of this steel as it works. Very nice, so far no issues.

Cheers,

RW

+ Reply to Thread