Blueway's got a new batch of Sakai Yusuke SS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
I know a number of folks here are really keen on these :)

Keiichi's got in a new batch of 61HRC flatter-profile Sakai Yusuke SS gyutos. Get 'em while you can! :)

When my in-laws come again, I'll have to get one of these guys. Even Kono HD couldn't stand up to their use - I got rust on mine in pretty short order. Actually, even SS might not hold up. I got rust and pitting in the interiors of my pots.

It'll be an excuse for me to pick up something nice in SS at that time anyhow :)

Hmm. When I saw them I just saw 240s and 210s as well. Maybe the 270s went already.

i started making inquires around october of last year concerning a 270mm gyuto like this one. In october he said they would be ready in december, in december he said they would be ready in febuary, then april, then sometime this summer, and now august.

Why don't you spring for a 240,plenty size for most cutting.I like um all Thick & Thin flat profile 61 Hrt

I've had an order in for the 270 since August 2012. Evidently Yusuke doesn't make the 270 profile very often. They are consieranle more expensive and produced in lower #'s.

i started making inquires around october of last year concerning a 270mm gyuto like this one. In october he said they would be ready in december, in december he said they would be ready in febuary, then april, then sometime this summer, and now august.

what I dislike about this situation isnt the 10 month wait, but being told the knives will be ready next month like 5 times. i also have one on "reserve".

Its not keiichi's fault (BlueWay). i'm sure you know that. Just like Jon and maxim, I'm sure they've run into supply chain issues. He said that some company made a huge Yusuke purchase. I think it was probably those knives that you pointed out in a propr post labor. Keiichi agrees with your assessment to labor, that these blades did come from the same shop that makes Yusukes.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...JCK-line-stainless-WA-Gyutos?highlight=yusuke

Steven I'm surprised you're interested in these knives, I thought you didn't like your KS. Or was it just the not so great edge retention you didn't like? FYI, masamoto makes a KS in aeb-l for not too much more than these yusukes...I'm thinking bout getting one of those instead

Steven I'm surprised you're interested in these knives, I thought you didn't like your KS. Or was it just the not so great edge retention you didn't like? FYI, masamoto makes a KS in aeb-l for not too much more than these yusukes...I'm thinking bout getting one of those instead

Yeah I didn't like it but I didn't like the flatness of it and a 270 sort of takes this out of the equation. I also didn't like the edge retention, but again it would hopefully be better with these ones. I didn't know about the AEB-L KS. Where did you hear of them?

Hi everyone, guess who bought the only 240mm ebony handle with buffalo horn spacer and collar from this batch :happymug:

It pays to be OCD and keep checking Ebay every few minutes.

Any chance you guys can direct me where to buy a nice saya for it. A universal one is fine, as long as you know that it fits. Those who have bought a universal saya for it pls kindly chime in.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, guess who bought the only 240mm ebony handle with buffalo horn spacer and collar from this batch :happymug:

It pays to be OCD and keep checking Ebay every few minutes.

Any chance you guys can direct me where to buy a nice saya for it. A universal one is fine, as long as you know that it fits. Those who have bought a universal saya for it pls kindly chime in.

Thank you.

If you ask Keiichi he'll probably get you one for very cheap. Maybe it's too late for you though

Yes, it is too late for me. Any idea which universal saya will fit?

I was just in Japan and made a stop at the SY store in Sakai city. I was surprised to find that the store itself was either very low on stock or completely out of a of many items, particularly gyutos. For those of you waiting and more for those that haven't held a SY yet, rest assured that they are worth the wait. I held and inspected a dizzying array of brands there. When factoring in the price SY are an extremely high value. I asked why the stock was low and I didn't really get a straight answer but I was assured that new stock would arrive in 'several weeks'.

Back