City Meals on Wheels's Chefs Tribute 2013

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Since I've started working at Korin, we have always donated 50+ knives to City Meals on Wheels for their charity event and a few select people were chosen to attend from the Korin team. This year was the first time I actually got to attend and what an event it was! These are a few pictures out photographer took. :)

This year's theme was called "Rumble at the Rock," showdown between the culinary masters from New York and California.

Team New York: Jarett Appell (Stella 34 Trattoria), Jonathan Benno and Richard Capizzi (Lincoln Ristorante), Matteo Bergamini (SD26 Restaurant & WineBar), Daniel Boulud and Jean-François Bruel (DANIEL), Antonio Prontelli and Juan Branez (Rock Center Café/ Cucina & Co.), Franck Deletrain (Brasserie 8 1/2), Chris DeLuna (La Fonda del Sol), Marc Forgione (Marc Forgione/American Cut), Yuhi Fujinaga and Michael Gabriel (The Sea Grill), Craig Koketsu (Quality Italian), Nobu Matsuhisa (Nobu), Jeremy McMillan (Farmhouse at Bedford Post), Charlie Palmer, Pierre Poulin and Adam Bordonaro (Charlie Palmer Group/Aureole/Astra), Alfred Portale (Gotham Bar and Grill), Lauren Resler and Alex Stupak, (Empellón), Bill Telepan (Telepan), Christina Tosi (Momofuku Milk Bar), Silvana Vivoli (Vivoli Il Gelato), and Jean-Georges Vongerichten (Jean-Georges).

Team California: Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski (State Bird Provisions), Scott Conant (Scarpetta Beverly Hills), Celestino Drago (Drago Centro), Jason Fox (Commonwealth), Casey Lane (The Tasting Kitchen/The Parish), Thomas McNaughton (central kitchen), Michael Mina (MICHAEL MINA), Dahlia Narvaez and Nancy Silverton (Mozza), Melissa Perello (Frances), Sarah and Evan Rich (Rich Table), Joachim Splichal (Patina Restaurant, etc.), Michael Tusk (Quince Restaurant/COTOGNA), Michael Voltaggio (ink./ink.sack), and Sang Yoon (Father's Office/Lukshon/Helms Bakery).

Tiny ice coffee that I thought was ice cream and spilled everywhere... lol

Quality Italian Dog: Griddled Mortadella, Eggplant Relish, Pistachio Mayo. By Craig Koketsu

8 1/2 brassserie's Roasted Spring Lamb, Ramps, Fava Beans, Mousseline, and Tarragon. It was so amazing that I thought it was beef, it wasn't gamey at all.

Stella 34 Trattoria station with Pizza Fritta Dolce (Fried Sweet Pizza with Rhubarb Compote, Mascarpone & Basil Syrup)

Naked Cowboy was there to root on the East Coast Team!

By Telepan NY

My favorite thing there.

Daniel NY

Marc Forgion's Lamb Pastrami on Rye

Momofuku Milkbar's Pretzel Cake Truffles & Chocolate Chip Cake Truffles

The chefs!

The event raised over $820,000 for Citymeals, enough to provide 127,725 meals for home-bound elderly New Yorkers!

Thanks for reading! :D

Looks amazing Mari. I'm sure you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a great time and a very worthy cause.

Dave

Back