Quantcast
GRRRRRrrrrrr.... Dang Windows 8
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GRRRRRrrrrrr.... Dang Windows 8

GRRRRRrrrrrr.... Dang Windows 8

Well, My old computer started acting up and rather then waiting for it to die. I went and got another CPU and transferred my pictures and other important stuff to the new box. But now my Windows Live email is not working. (which has all my contact info and emails from all my clients and contacts etc.) and I am struggling with the new Windows 8 operating system.

I don't have a smart phone, or and tablets or other stuff that have browsers like this 8, so I am struggling to try and figure this darn thing out! Anyone else dislike the Windows 8? and is there a way to make it look and act like Windows 7?

any advise or help here would be appreciated.

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

No worries your emails and contacts are stored on their servers (hence safe). You can make windows 8 look and act like 7 or you could even load windows 7 on it.

Here is a write up on how to make it look like 7...
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/make-windows-8-like-windows-7

Edit: I'm a network engineer so I can help you in more detail if needed. Just send me a PM with any question and ill try to help you out

I personally hate Windows 8! I had it on my new laptop I bought and I removed it as soon as I took it out of the box and put on Windows 7.

I got it!! Only a few hours and a couple of curses and this thing is now cooperating. I was able to get my email figured out. and loaded a shell to make this look and act a bit more like W7 Thanks for the link bkultra!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Anytime and like I said PM if you have any questions

I just went through this myself Randy and I cursed Windows 8 big time. I'm still not loving it but I've become used to it. I have maybe one or two things now that are better suited to myself but otherwise I'd be more than happy to go back to XP if I could.

Dave, The SHELL works pretty good. it was free, and easy to install. I will try and get use to the W8 format because I dont expect them to go back to the old layout any time soon!

I will probably take you up on the offer bkultra. I am sorta computer challenged.

Blessings
    Randy

Availible Knives

wait!wait! me too! I just bought a laptop for the kitchen guys at work and it came with windows 8. I almost threw it out on the street. took me 30 minutes to figure out how to turn the damn thing off.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Wow, come on man! You guys are getting old. What are you gonna do when the s%$) gets all Minority Report on your a##es?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

burn it down!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.