• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Takamura Hana SG2 150mm Petty - NEW

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
Brand new Takamura R2/SG2 Hana 150mm Petty.

Fantastic suminagashi pattern. This has a built-in bolstered octagonal handle, with SG2 steel covered in an absolutely gorgeous damascus etching. Takamura knives have some of the best factory sharpening I've ever encountered, and this one is SHARP! I believe this knife is sold at ChefsArmoury in Oz and TheBestThings in the USA.

http://takamurahamono.jp/japanese/series/series01_2.html

The picture doesn't do justice to this gorgeous knife. I received it as a gift, but it is too pretty to put to use and has been sitting around for about a year. Asking $240 shipped CONUS.

Nice looking knife, if it was a 165-170 I would jump on it.

Haha. If it were 170, I would probably keep it. :p

Nice distal! I'm very interested, I just have no experience with this steel, and am having a hard time finding any info regarding both the steel and the maker. It's a very intriguing design. I typically use pettys moreso for meat fabrication, and I appreciate balance moreso in these little knives than I do a gyuto. I know, it might sound odd, but the quick change of grip when butchering, makes the balance much more apparent on the micro scale, IMO.

I have a 240mm takamura suminagashi r2 gyuto and 300mm suminagashi r2 gytuo.

really stunning damascus pattern indeed! would jump on it if it wasn't too far!

Nice distal! I'm very interested, I just have no experience with this steel, and am having a hard time finding any info regarding both the steel and the maker. It's a very intriguing design. I typically use pettys moreso for meat fabrication, and I appreciate balance moreso in these little knives than I do a gyuto. I know, it might sound odd, but the quick change of grip when butchering, makes the balance much more apparent on the micro scale, IMO.

Takamura is a well known blacksmith who works at Takefu knife village. Along with Ryusen, Takamura used to make the powdered steel Blazen line of knives. He still makes a Blazen knife, and it has a Takamura label under the Blazen logo.

The steel is R2 (or SG-2) powdered steel. It's a well known and most popular among powdered steels for knife manufacturing.

I have a 240mm takamura suminagashi r2 gyuto and 300mm suminagashi r2 gytuo.

really stunning damascus pattern indeed! would jump on it if it wasn't too far!

I've always wanted the Takamura suminagashi gyuto with black handles. It is such a stunning beauty. The price was the main detractor.

Price drop $200.

I will also throw in a used, but perfectly functional 150mm Tojiro ITK petty in White #2 steel. The Tojiro ITK usually sells for $40 new. You get 2 pettys.

Back