• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA) Moritaka aogami super damascus! 240 gyuto, 180 santoku, 180 deba, 130 petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
Moritaka knives. Aogami Super cutting core clad with non-stainless damascus/suminagashi. All knives have octagonal rosewood handles. The damascus-clad Moritakas have not had the overgrind issues of other Moritaka knives according to Dave Martell, and I do not see any grind issues on these. All knives are new and still has the layer of anti-rust coating from Moritaka. These have been sitting on my shelf for a year. (You can imagine how many extra knives are unloved at my place). I'm enjoying my nakiri and kiritsuke and the rest are going to be sold. The last photo shows the double bevel deba. And these will be the last knives sold in my recent selling bonanza.

1) 240mm Gyuto Asking $270 shipped
2) 180mm Santoku There is a tiny manufacturing speck of a blemish near the machi area on one side. Doesn't affect the function and is purely cosmetic. Asking $200 shipped
3) 180mm double-beveled deba. 8mm thick at the spine. Quite a beast! Asking $280 shipped
4) 130mm petty. There is a subtle black spot right next to the choil which is a slight manufacturing blemish, but it doesn't affect the function at all. Asking $130 shipped

Is it me or does that deba look bent?

It's not bent. Nice and straight. The wonders of a cropped photo with a wide-angle lens barrel distortion.

I think it's the angle of the knife throwing me off. I can make out the curvature of the edge just under the spine giving off an optical illusion.

Fwiw I used a 240 that was the same thing and really enjoyed it. Got super sharp and it had a nice profile. Good luck with the sale.

Yes, I've looked at quite a few BST photos recently and knives often look bent. I always assume it's the lense, etc, however.

240 gyuto and 130 petty have been claimed.

Price drop on these new knives. I added a few pictures.

$220 for the 180mm deba
$140 for the 185mm santoku
These prices are lower than the non-damascus aogami-super knives being sold at a popular retailer.

Deba and Santoku have been sold.
All knives here are sold. Thanks!

Back