Quantcast
Damascus Bread Knife

Thread: Damascus Bread Knife

Damascus Bread Knife

I was browsing the Jantz catalog and saw this damascus bread knife (w/o handle). It's VG-10.

Has anyone had experience with this blade/supplier? I know there was some buzz about the Tojiro bread knife, but this with a Stefan handle would look pretty nice.

k.

http://www.knifemaking.com/product_p/hd809.htm
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Not sure about their blanks, but they are a place I use alot. All top notch stuff.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

WOW. This looks like a good project. Actually a lot of these blanks look nice. Thanks for the link!

DarkHOeK

Nice

Darkhoek - Skype now. We got some new projects down the road

I have put handles on a few of the 8" gyutos and the petties from that series. They are nice. The pattern is a little more subdued than the Shun knives and they are a little thinner also IIRC. Tangs are a bit short but they should be fine. I found it easier to cut a small machi and then put a handle on. The core material is VG10 at HRC 60 - at least that's what they told me at Jantz. The bread knife looks nice on the pictures, never saw it in person but I find it a bit short.

Stefan

Yeah, the length is a bit short. A couple inches shorter than the fibrox Forschner.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson